Special assistance when flying with Air New Zealand
Please note that you must be checked-in 60 minutes prior to the departure of your Domestic New Zealand flight, to ensure that we can provide the special assistance requested.
We understand that the carriage of people with disabilities can present unique challenges for both passengers and staff. As a result we will make every effort to provide a consistently safe and dignified travel experience through:
- Training our staff to be competent in assisting passengers with disabilities, including the use of specialised handling equipment
- Booking services that identify and capture the specific requirements of passengers, so we can ensure they are implemented throughout the customer journey
- Airport and aircraft environments that facilitate appropriate levels of access
For further details, please contact us or your travel agent.
In order to provide you with the best possible service and assistance, we strongly recommend that you provide us with advance notice that you intend to travel and of any special travel and seating requirements that you may need. If we are unable to provide a particular service or if you need to provide additional details including medical clearance information we want you to be aware prior to your travel date to avoid disappointment and last-minute stresses.
Please note that if we do not have pre notification of your travel plans there may be a delay in providing you any required assistance.
US Department of Transportation Non Discrimination Protection
Air New Zealand is committed to ensure we comply with the US Department of Transportation Non Discrimination on the Basis of Air Travel regulations which apply to all flights to/from the USA. In addition we have also made a commitment to provide a safe and dignified journey on all our flights.
Should you have an issue or wish to raise concern regarding possible discrimination in relation to your travel that is not resolved to your satisfaction please contact a Complaints Resolution Official (located at the airport or in our Contact Centre) who is conversed with the law and is authorised to make decisions on behalf of Air New Zealand.
Should you wish to obtain a copy of the US Federal Register for Non Discrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel in an accessible format, you can do so in the following ways:
- For calls made from within the United States, by telephone via the Toll-Free Hotline for Air Travelers with Disabilities at 1-800-778-4838 (voice) or 1-800-455-9880 (TTY)
- By telephone to the Aviation Consumer Protection Division - telephone 202-366-2220 (voice) or 202-366-0511 (TTY)
- By mail to the Air Consumer Protection Division, C- 75, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE., West Building, Room W96-432, Washington, DC 20590
- On the Aviation Consumer Protection Division's website
Alternatively a copy can be reviewed from Air New Zealand at an airport that has flights to / from the USA.
While this information provides you with an overview of the services Air New Zealand can provide, please note that airline health and safety regulations and policies may change from time to time.
Air New Zealand has a dedicated team to assist customers with disabilities and medical conditions prior to them travelling. Customer Care can be contacted on +64 9 255 7757 (please note call charges apply) or via email at email@example.com the team is available daily from 0600 to 2300 NZ time. Alternatively please call our contact centre who are available 24/7 or your travel agent.
We welcome your feedback, please refer to the Customer Relations section of our phone numbers page