374 destinations in 30 countries
Major Hub Airports: Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and Guam. International: Narita.
Frequent Flyer Programme: MileagePlus®
United is a founding member of the Star Alliance and has a rich history in aviation being established in 1926. In 2010 United Airlines and Continental commenced a merger to form United, to become one of the largest airlines in the world that provides the most comprehensive of global networks.
Visit the United website.
Beginning 1 July 2016, United entered the New Zealand market in co-operation with Air New Zealand with the launch of non-stop seasonal services between Auckland and San Francisco.
Earning Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points between Auckland and San Francisco
As an Airpoints™ member, if you fly on either an Air New Zealand flight number (beginning with NZ) operated by United, or an Air New Zealand operated flight between Auckland and San Francisco, you will earn the same rate of Airpoints Dollars and Status Points. Please check the Air New Zealand tab at our earn rates look-up table.
Earning Airpoints Dollars™ or Status Points on United
When flying on a United operated flight with a United flight number, or on a United operated flight beyond Auckland-San Francisco, earn as per the Partner tab on our earn rates look-up table.
C, D, J, Z, P*
E, G, H, K, L, M, Q, S, T, U, V, W
N, O, X, I, R
*United Airlines flights in booking class P earn Airpoints Dollars™ at the full economy class rate.
Booking classes that are not mentioned are not eligible for accrual.
- Elite members: May access the Air New Zealand Auckland International Lounge with 5 guests before departing on either an Air New Zealand or United operated flight to San Francisco
- Gold members: May access the Air New Zealand Auckland International Lounge with 1 guest prior to these services
- Koru members and Elite Partners: May access the Air New Zealand Auckland International Lounge with 1 guest before departing on an Air New Zealand marketed flight (with an NZ flight number and ticket) operated by either Air New Zealand or United to San Francisco
Departing San Francisco
- Business Class passengers: From May 2018, customers travelling in international Business class may access the newly opened Polaris lounge when departing San Francisco on either Air New Zealand or United operated flights. Please note, no guests are permitted in the Polaris lounge.
- Elite and Gold members: May access the United Club lounges at San Francisco international airport terminal with 1 guest when departing for Auckland on either Air New Zealand or United operated flights. Members with Star Alliance Gold membership may also access any Star Alliance lounge prior to any Star Alliance carrier operated flight
- Koru members and Elite Partners: Will be provided with an airport refreshment voucher at the Air New Zealand check-in/ticketing counter or at the boarding gate approximately two hours prior to departure, available when travelling on Air New Zealand operated flights only
Air New Zealand issued lounge eVouchers are only accepted at Air New Zealand Lounges, when travelling on United or Air New Zealand between Auckland and San Francisco, with an Air New Zealand (NZ) flight and ticket number.
EVouchers cannot be redeemed if travelling on a United (UA) flight and ticket number between Auckland and San Francisco. EVoucher access is always subject to space available in the lounge, on the day.
Star Alliance Gold members (Airpoints Elite and Gold status): You will receive one complimentary additional piece of checked baggage when travelling on United operated flights.
Koru members and Elite Partners: You will receive one complimentary additional piece of checked baggage when travelling on Air New Zealand operated flights (with an Air New Zealand ticket and flight number), please note that the additional piece of checked baggage does not apply to United operated flights or if you’re connecting to a United flight, this allowance will not be recognised and excess baggage charges will apply.
Terms and conditions apply:
Airpoints Dollars and Status Points earn is determined by the partner airline which operates the flight. Status Points are only earned on Star Alliance carrier operated flights. Certain booking classes on partner airlines are not eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars or Status Points. On a partner airline flight, Airpoints Dollars and Status Points may be earned on a flight by flight basis rather than a journey basis. Please note booking class eligibility and earning rates are subject to change without notice and any changes will apply based on the date you travel. This information does not apply to other airline codeshare. Refer to the Airpoints™ terms and conditions more information.