With Status Points, every Air New Zealand flight1 now counts towards your tier status.
Now even Smart Saver and grabaseat fares earn Status Points, helping you reach a higher tier status faster. Once you've reached Silver, Gold or Gold Elite status, you'll enjoy a range of exclusive benefits and privileges whenever you travel with Air New Zealand or our Star Alliance partners.
How we work out your Status Points
You can earn Status Points by flying on Air New Zealand flights1, as well as many flights with our Star Alliance partners.
See the Status Points accrual table for details. On Air New Zealand flights that don't earn Airpoints Dollars (e.g. Smart Saver and grabaseat), you can earn Status Points at the Discount Economy rate.
|Status Points required to achieve each Tier Status|
|Tier||Number of Status Points2
required to Upgrade
|Number of Status Points2
required to retain Tier Status
Gold Elite members can roll over the Status Points earned over and above the qualifying threshold of 1350 Status Points in a membership year to count towards their Status Point balance in the following membership year. For example, if you earn 1600 Status Points you will be able to rollover 250 Status Points to count towards requalification next year. You can roll over up to 650 Status Points in this way.
If a Gold Elite member earns over 2000 Status Points in a membership year, instead of rolling over Status Points to the next year, they'll automatically receive a bonus Gold Elite year to use in the future. These bonus years will be stored in the member's Airpoints account until they're needed. This extra year will be added to your account on your requalification anniversary date.
You can keep track of the Status Points rollover balance and the number of Gold Elite years you have banked on your myairnz account.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
1. Air New Zealand flight means a flight ticketed and operated by Air New Zealand or a trans-Tasman flight with an Air New Zealand flight number (e.g. NZ7000) that is operated by Virgin Australia. Flights booked in conjunction with Airpoints reward classes (X,I), and travel industry classes (N,R) and free tickets, prize competition tickets and tickets purchased using Fly Buys points are not eligible to earn Status Points or credit towards tier status.
2. Status Points must be earned in a 12 month period to achieve tier status. However, once you achieve a tier status, you only require 90% of those Status Points to retain that status the following year.
3. To Upgrade to Silver at least 225 Status Points must be earned on Qualifying Flights. To retain Silver at least 202 Status Points must be earned on Qualifying Flights.
4. To Upgrade to Gold at least 450 Status Points must be earned on Qualifying Flights. To retain Gold at least 405 Status Points must be earned on Qualifying Flights.
5. To Upgrade to Gold Elite at least 900 Status Points must be earned on Air New Zealand Operated Flights. To retain Gold Elite at least 810 Status Points must be earned on Air New Zealand Operated Flights.