Find a quiet place to relax, refuel with something to eat and drink, catch up on the latest news or get some work done before your flight. We look forward to welcoming you and have everything you need to make travelling a pleasure.
As an Air New Zealand Koru member you will have access to Air New Zealand owned and operated lounges in New Zealand and at six international destinations prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand flight. In many of our overseas destinations we also provide access for members at partner lounges owned and operated by other providers:
Airpoints™ Elite, Gold and Koru members are also now able to use Virgin Australia lounges when connecting from an Air New Zealand trans-Tasman flight and flying domestically in Australia with Virgin Australia. These lounges are located in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Gold Coast, Mackay and Perth.
Lounge access policy
To ensure your visit to the lounge goes smoothly, please take a minute to familiarise yourself with some key points about lounge access. Please consult the Koru Terms and Conditions for further information.
If you are an Airpoints Elite or Gold member please consult the Airpoints Terms and Conditions for your specific lounge access policy.
- Members and their guest must be departing on an Air New Zealand ticketed and operated flight, on an eligible Virgin Australia flight (see below), or an Air New Zealand flight operated by Cathay Pacific between Auckland and Hong Kong.
- Lounge access is available prior to departure only.
- Lounge access is not available to Koru members when travelling on a flight operated by another Star Alliance carrier as the Koru programme is not a Star Alliance product.
- Lounge access is not available to Koru members travelling on code share services with Virgin Atlantic or Etihad.
- Your Koru membership or Airpoints number should always be entered at the time of booking, and you should always carry your Koru card when travelling.
- Koru members may bring one eligible guest to all Air New Zealand owned and operated lounges on a space available basis.
- No guests are permitted at our Koru Express facility in the Christchurch Regional Terminal.
- Guests of members may not be accepted at some of our partner lounges - please check the partner lounge directory prior to travel to avoid disappointment.
- Currently members can not bring guests to partner lounges in London, Vancouver, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo and Osaka.
- Children under the age of 12 who are travelling with eligible Elite, Gold or Koru members are invited into Air New Zealand owned and operated lounges only on a complimentary basis. This is in addition to guest entitlement and subject to availability. Unfortunately, children may not be brought into our partner lounges in addition to the applicable guest allowance for each partner lounge.
- If accessing an Air New Zealand owned and operated lounge with a single entry pass issued to Silver members, Airpoints Credit Cardholders and Above & Beyond members, only children under 2 years of age may accompany the guest on a complimentary basis.
Virgin Australia trans-Tasman alliance
- Airpoints Elite, Gold and Koru members may bring one eligible guest with them to Virgin Australia lounges in Australia.
- Airpoints Elite, Gold and Koru members do not have access to lounges when travelling on Virgin Australia flights to and from the Pacific Islands, Denpasar Bali, Port Moresby or Phuket.
- Airpoints Elite, Gold and Koru members do not have access to lounges in conjunction with long haul Virgin Australia flights.
Cathay Pacific alliance
- As a Koru member, you can access our lounge in Auckland (when travelling to Hong Kong) or the Thai Airways Business Lounge in Hong Kong (when travelling to Auckland) when travelling on an Air New Zealand flight number (NZ4990-4995 operated by Cathay Pacific and NZ35, NZ85, NZ38, NZ80 operated by Air New Zealand).
- Koru members are welcome to bring a guest into the Air New Zealand International lounge in Auckland, but unfortunately there is no guest entitlement for our Hong Kong departures.
- Koru benefits and lounge access does not extend to Koru members travelling on Cathay Pacific operated flights between Hong Kong and London or any other Cathay Pacific operated services not directly bound for Auckland.
Attire and behaviour
- We ask you to dress and act with consideration towards fellow lounge guests.
- Children are to be supervised at all times.
- From time to time we may accommodate Koru members in an alternative partner lounge or, if in transit to or from London, in the Premium Transit Area if space is available.
See the Airpoints Terms and Conditions for full programme details.